Children with cochlear implants require specialized life-long follow up after receiving their cochlear implant.
MAPping/Programming of Sound Processor
- MAPping is the process by which the audiologist determines the amount of electrical stimulation each electrode delivers to the auditory nerve so that the child can respond.
- For more information, visit the FAQ page.
FM System Consultations/Evaluations
- Appointments may be scheduled with an audiologist to determine if an FM system is appropriate for your child.
- For more information,visit the FAQ page.
- Individualized speech-language therapy, including auditory-verbal therapy
- Therapy plans, schedules and goals are determined for each child’s unique needs.
- Evaluations by our speech-language pathologists who specialize in working with children with hearing loss can be completed to monitor the child’s speech, language, and listening progress with their cochlear implant.
- Recommendations and suggestions will be provided
- Team members may visit your child’s school personnel and educate them about cochlear implants and your child’s individual needs.