Date & Time: Thursday, November 12, 2020:
8:30am – 4:30pm Central Time
A Bruton Conference
This workshop is sponsored by the David Bruton, Jr. Endowed Lecture Series on Communication Disorders at the Callier Center.
Virtual Meeting: Links and instructions will be sent to attendees
About: This workshop is designed to bring together industry leaders to discuss best practices in the assessment and treatment of feeding and eating challenges across the lifespan. Learn more >>
To Register: Register for the conference here.
Registration Fee: $150 (Price is the same for participation in one or both days of the conference.)
Continuing Education: Day 1 is offered for 0.65 ASHA CEUs and 6 CE hours for Registered Dietitians from The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
Contact: Jenny McGlothlin | email@example.com
As a result of this workshop, the participant will be able to:
- List three assessment tools that can help practitioners understand the feeding environment in the home.
- Identify practical ways of meeting a child’s fundamental needs in the context of feeding interventions.
- List three opportunities for parents to support a responsive feeding and therapy relationship outside of “doing therapy”.
- Describe the critical role of hunger in the enjoyment and motivation of eating, and in giving children the opportunity to develop and tune in to appetite.
- Identify subtle stressors that can impact the development of responsive mealtimes.
- John Baker, MD
- Jo Cormack, MA, MBACP
- Heidi Moreland, MS, CCC-SLP, BCS-S, CLC
- Katja Rowell, MD
- Virginia Sole-Smith
Please click here to learn more about the speakers
This course is offered for 0.65 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level, Professional Area).